miércoles, 19 de abril de 2017

FORMAL LETTERS

Example Task: You see an advertisement for care assistants to work at a local animal rescue centre on Saturdays. Write a letter of application

Plan:
Paragraph 1: Explain why you are writing
Paragraph 2: Give more details about your reason for writing
Paragraph 3: Give information about another aspect of your reason for writing
Paragraph 4: Give any additional information

Useful language:
Greetings: If you know their name( Dear, yours sincerely) If you don't know their name(Dear Sir, Your faithfully) Other(Best wishes, kind regards)
Giving a reason for writing I am writing to complain, I am writing in response to
Giving your opinion Furthermore Moreover In addition to Nevertheless
Including other documents Please find
Next steps I would be grateful if you


Writing:

Dear Ms Matthews,
I am writing in response to the advert for part-time Saturday animal care assistants which appeared in the Nottinghamshire Echo on 10th November. I would be very grateful if you would consider my application and I enclose my CV.

I have considerable experience of looking after animals. In addition to having two dogs, I have spent summers working on my uncle's farm in Devon. I also did work experience at a veterinary clinic for a week in April, which was an invaluable opportunity to learn more about small animals.

I believe I have the right personal qualities for this position. I would describe myself as hard-working and dependable, and I am passionate about animals and it would be highly satisfying to help injured and abandoned animals. As I want to study veterinary science at university, I hope to gain experience at the same time.

I am available immediately and would be happy to attend an interview. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Your sincerely,

Jhon Cena







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario