miércoles, 19 de abril de 2017

AN INFORMAL EMAIL

Example Task: Write an email to a friend to give them some exciting news

Plan:

Paragraph 1: Ask your friend questions about him or her and tell them how you've been.
Paragraph 2: Give some news or explain your first reason for writing.
Paragraph 3: Give another piece of news or explain your second raeson for writing.
Paragraph 4: Finish the email and say why you have to stop writing.

Useful language:

Greetings: Hi, Hi there, Hiya, Dear...
Responding to a message: Thanks fior your email. It's great to hear from you. Sorry it's taken me so long to reply
Asking about your reader: How are you? How's it going? What's up? How are things with you? How have you been? What's new? What have you been doing since...?
Talking about you: I've been (really busy) Guess what!, i've got some great/amazing/terrible time, I'm having the time of my life!
Talking about experiences: I decided to go along to...., so i'm rally pleased. It's never happened to me before, but...
Endings: I'd better go now. Anyway, I've got to go now. I'll be in touch again soon,
Sign-offs: Bye for now, Write soon!, See you soon!, Take care, Lots of love, Love from,

Writing:

Hiya,
How are you? How was the concert? Thanks for your email. Sorry it's taken to me so long to reply. I've been really busy with exams and band practice.

Guess what! I've got some great news! My parents have agreed to let me go to the Reading Festival next summer! They're going to give me half of the money for the ticket for my birthday. To earn the other half, I have to help out with odd jobs at home tyding up the garage, looking after my little sister, that kind of stuff. Have you spoken to your parents about it yet? Why don't you suggest doing the same thing?

My other news is that my band is playing at the end-of-therm party! We're only going to be on stage for ten minutes or so, but I think it i'll be awesome. It's also a good way to promote our music, so we're really pleased.

Anyway, how are things with you? What have you been doing since you finished your exams? I'd Better go now- I've got to sutdy!
Bye for now,


Chris

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario